Saturday, August 15, 2026

AQVA 2026



The winds were forecasted to be not strong, and we were just Maud, Scarlett and me.  I had the 155 up from Friday.

We were a little late for the start.  I was confused by the calculations of my start time, so we were about a minute late.  Winds were quirky at the start.We had a good run for a while, and then the winds turned 180 degrees and got light.  

Winds died, and we were squirming to the finish line.  The crash boat came and told us we had exceeded the time limit, but nothing was declared on the radio.  We continued and finished 13th.  Brian W won the race.

Nice evening of cocktails, supper, and dancing.  We sat with Sylvie, Heather, Emma and Rick's daughter Evelume. 


I slept aboard, and on Sunday I biked to St. Eustache, back to the club, and drove home as it started to rain, since the bike battery was drained. 












13th position


Quarky winds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frostbite Norm, Scarlett and Maud.

The crew met at 8:45 and set sail to the Frostbite race. We tried to put up the main, but one sail tie was still attached, tightly knotted t...