Paul, Natalie D and I did the Wind Mill Point long-distance race with the J24.
I had hesitation between the 150 and 135 headsail. At the last minute, we switched to the 135 which was a good thing.
Nathalie helmed and set sail to the start near the lighthouse foundation. The racing chart showed more shallow spots than I was familiar with, so I took the helm.
We were badly positioned and took two minutes to cross the line. Winds were over 15 knots. We tacked to the Gut and to AD 28, then to SL 31, tacked to AD 28 and ran back to the club using the whisker pole doing over 5 knots.
Starboard tack was not doing as good as Port tack. Need to check/tune the rigging.
We came in last.
We had a beer with the fleet. I gave Paul a tour of the Royal, had a nap and biked back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment