Thursday, August 13, 2026

GNS S4- Scarlett, Maud and John

I arrived early and tuned the mast.  I moved BELLUM to the service dock for a pump-out and to the shear legs to clean the masthead jewelry for the AVQA.  I found the baby stay was about to fall off the mast, which I had decommissioned for the single-handed race, so I reinstalled it.  

The crew arrived a little early but not early enough to help.





At 5:30, the crew of BELLUM boldly went out into what might have been a squall.  It was forecast to pass us, but a large rolling cloud in the Northwest indicated a Lake St. Louis Squall.  

The day was nice, so nobody expected bad weather.  But earlier in the week, it was very unstable.

We all donned BELLUM-supplied foul weather gear, and by the time the race started, the weather was nice.

Good race.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

AQVA 2026

The winds were forecasted to be not strong, and we were just Maud, Scarlett and me.  I had the 155 up from Friday. We were a little late for...