Saturday, August 1, 2026

PYCY Annual Regatta

The Windmill Point race was cancelled on Friday.

After the FFR, I spent the night at PCYC and was having a coffee on the deck when Bill asked (begged) me to crew on Ad Lib. I had no plans, so we went out and did the Annual Regatta. Ad Lib had engine problems, so we got towed out and back in.  Pole-Up broke on the first run.  I handled the main sheet and helped out where I could.

The Winds were very fluky. Light and then breezy and then dead still. We were the biggest and heaviest boat, which was not in our favour as the competitors were Etchells and a Star.

We came in third.


















After the race, I lingered around the club, drinking beer with various members.  I went for a walk in the village.  Came back and had some drinks at Dock 2.  Then more drinks at the patio, and Steve and Rich ordered Pizza from Dorval Pizza.  



Drinks at Dock 2

PCYC

Fun guys

The next morning, I got a coffee and headed back to the Royal before the big storm was supposed to hit.  I decided to wash the boat and ended up doing a big boat wash and then I got caught by the rain.

The club was putting out the cushions on the lawn.  I told him that the rain was starting soon, but Floran had told him to put the cushions out.  Sure enough, it rained all afternoon.  

I left the bike at the club and drove home.


A pleasant weekend at PCYC


Nice motor boat ride from PCYC to RSTLYC


Stupid Club, putting out the cushions before a storm




No comments:

Post a Comment

PYCY Annual Regatta

The Windmill Point race was cancelled on Friday. After the FFR, I spent the night at PCYC and was having a coffee on the deck when Bill aske...