Wednesday, August 19, 2026

GNS Tuesday

After a Tuesday Yoga session, I dropped off  Raven's stuff at the locker and drove to the club. Saw Redline's return from Thousand Islands.


Natalie, Mark and Jasmine came to sail.  The weather forecast was for no wind, but winds did pick up.

Jasmine was recommended by Dale. She claimed some experience, but she knows certain techniques and lacks an intuitive understanding of racing, and she did not listen.

The departure was a disaster; I thought Natalie had released the starboard dock lines, but she had not.  I "assumed" that she did.  It was an awkward departure, but Mark did a great job of turning BELLUM around with BELLUM rotating in the docks between Tocade and my dock.  Tocade had departed already.

We were about a minute late due to a postponement, and I did not account for the warning horn.  We did okay.  Natalie helmed and did an okay job.  

We had a good race and a nice moonlight sail back to the club.  Came in 19th

The weather looked rainy for Wednesday sail with ISIS group. I drove back with Vero.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Frostbite Norm, Scarlett and Maud.

The crew met at 8:45 and set sail to the Frostbite race. We tried to put up the main, but one sail tie was still attached, tightly knotted t...