Saturday, August 25, 2018

BNI Challenge 2018

The BNI Challenge regatta to raise money for sailors with disabilities.

With some juggling, I managed to have an interesting crew, Catherine, Jimmy and Chris.

At first, there seemed to be no wind.  I put up the 155 at the dock. The lake was flat when we departed but it picked up nicely.

A flock of birds attacked us just before the gut.

https://www.facebook.com/mike.zeitouni/videos/10160561509650417/?t=40



Jimmy took the helm, I took the main and Chris and Catherine took the winches.  In the end, I did most of the winching.

The crew was tuned with a few tacks and gybes before the race.  With a 15 minute postponement, we got some more practice in.

We were about 1 minute late for our start. The crew was very constructive and productive about performance and strategy.  There as an excellent focus from everyone that I have so far seen on Bellum.  We made a few mistakes.  We saw other boats make many more mistakes.  The boat performed very well.

After we came back in, Catherine and Jimmy departed and Chris helped me put the sails away and reinstall the drum and 135 headsail.

He went back home to pick up the family as I launched around the lawn.

We had supper with Audrey, Norm, Scott.

I slept aboard.





We came in 7th.  Pretty good.













More Photos:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Clogged Primary fuel filter

Primary Filter Chris drove me down to the club with boat stuff for his launch and to resolve my Yanmar problems. We launched Flow Control wi...