Saturday, August 11, 2018

Single handed to Grande Anse

I got up early had breakfast at Cafe Marler and worked to clean up the club locker, built a step for Bellum dock and fixed the hose holder from Norm.

Winds were supposed to be light but would be showed 6 knots Sunday and I was in need of a sail.

Took off at 4 and tried to sail to the first buoy, then motored to the gut and then sailed to the Sandbars.  Winds were still good so I waved hi to Tara II and Dissidence and continued to Grand Anse.

Spent the night there with 3 power boats rafted far away.  Supper was a can of chilli.  Went to bed about 10 and got up at 7. 


In the morning, Sailflow said winds were going to die in the morning so I pulled the anchor and sailed for about 4 hours in light to medium winds.  I pretty much had the lake to myself and a Mirage 27.



Came back to the club and refuelled and pumped out.  Washed the deck and cockpit.  Went for a swim. Rode back to moms for supper.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Clogged Primary fuel filter

Primary Filter Chris drove me down to the club with boat stuff for his launch and to resolve my Yanmar problems. We launched Flow Control wi...