Friday, August 16, 2019

Soledad

Train tracks in Laval, beside bike path
Friday morning, I biked to Raytech to pick up my Torqeedo battery after a very long wait for inspection.  Then I dropped by Abra Electronics to get some replacement switches for the ones that blew out.  Turns out the LED's were supposed to be 3 volts.  I needed 1000 ohm resisters.  Maybe 2000 ohms as the light was very bright.





Norm up the mast




I arrived  at the club, pulled Norm up the mast to inspect the Raydome since there was water leaking from it the night before.  The gasket was a little worn and need some reseating.  Good Luck!








Sunset at Valois Bay
I cleaned the dingy and inflatable kayak.

I waited around for the FFR but it was not happening due to lack of winds.

I motored out towards the sandbars but decided to anchor outside of Venture. 

Norm was out at Grand Anse.

The next day Sylvie was trying to get us to go to Soulanges as planned.









Rain in Kingston, coming this way






There was rain coming in from out west, near Toronto.  But the forecasts out west (Ottawa) seemed to indicate it was just rain and no significant winds so I sat it out.  Sure enough the rain dissipated near Valleyfield and nothing happened.










At 3, I pulled the hook and motored to Kahnawake.  Anchored outside and had supper, then dinghied in to the marina for a beer.  Met Loraine there, drank and danced to midnight and then dinghy backed to the boat.

O'Keefe ?





Traffic near Kahnawake







Sunday I set off to Chateauguay to meet with Tony and friends.  While playing with the MFD, I strayed off the seaway and hit a rock.  The Axiom was acting strangely, not be able to zoom into where I was.  It took about a minute before it could get my location.  I reversed and was able to get out.
Club Nautique - Chateauguay



I tried to get to the centre nautique but it was too shallow so I anchored about 1 1/4 miles away north of Ile St. Bernard and dinghied in with the kayak in tow.  While anchoring, I snagged the dinghy painter on the prop. Jumped into unfoul it.

Rented a Hobbie cat in light winds with Karen and Rafael.  Karen and Rafael were invited to sail on Bellum next Friday.

Came back to the club Sunday evening, washed the boat and cycled home.

Restful, sort-of

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...