Tuesday, August 27, 2019

GNS 5 R4

Last race of this series.

Winds were from the south and fluky.

Last week Peter asked me if he can come race with us and I said yes.  Peter has never raced before.

Norm and Maud also joined us.  We got out early and sailed to the race area on a beam reach.  Windex was fouled with spider webs.

I took the helm.  I misjudged where the pin was and I tacked into the wind heading for the start line.  Tacked and tacked again.  We were over a minute late. Also, there was no Orange start (fireballs, dinghies) so our start was earlier.

There was only Chaos with 9 crew members and Bellum.  We came in second !

The wind picked up for a nice run back to the club.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...