Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Wild Tuesday, Pleasant Wednesday - Thursday rain


Tuesday morning Scott drives me to the club since my bike is still there. Picked up breakfast at McDou and at it at the Duggan House.

I went to wait for Charles to fix the rudder stop, but it turns out that he had fixed it on Monday and did not tell me.

I programmed the Sonoff fridge control using Android and it worked fine.  I waxed the port topside and departed the dock at 3PM, motoring to the gut in a strong west wind.  Winds were up to 28 knots but Bellum handled herself very well with just a reefed headsail 


.

I sailed around undecided if I wanted to spend the night with these winds.  Nobody was sailing until Chaos showed up with her headsail around 6.  

At 7:30, I pulled into Dowkers to be more sheltered from the west south west winds.  4 1/2 hours of fabulous sailing.

The night was very pleasant.  Norm reported lots of rain in Pierrefonds.

Wednesday I pulled anchor at 11 and slowly sailed to the sandbar in very light winds.  

Dropped the anchor without the engine.  I tried to take a dip but 15C was too cold to go in all the way.  Did some reading, took a nap. 

I pulled the anchor at 2PM without the engine and had nice sailing until 5 when I headed back to the club for a pump out and deck wash.  



The club terrace was quite active.  I took the bike with the trailer home.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...