Saturday, June 18, 2022

Maud Cup NOT and new member's cocktail

It was very wet and windy Saturday morning for the Maud cup.

Jim, Ryan and Lauren were eager to go out.  I was convinced to tow a shark out.  It was challenging to pick up Ryan's shark.  He had left the dock and we successfully passed a line from two single-handed boats with only minor contact.

When I got to the first red mark, if I wasn't towing Ryan, I would have turned back.

My cockpit mike was not picking up Slow Dancer's voice.  Too much rain and wind.

Between the gut and the church, I heard the race was cancelled.  I wasn't sure until I saw Slow Dancer turn around.

Ryan had lots of problems with his shark trying to get the main sail up and getting the main sail down.

We made it into the harbour and I had a terrible docking, hitting the bow against the dock.

Norm was walking down the dock and helped tie up the mid-ship.

We had the New member's cocktail.  Met Chantal, Sylvie (mirage 30), Christine, Ryan, and Nancy.

I slept aboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...