Sunday, June 19, 2022

Overnight at Grand Anse

Mac D - disapointment
Sunday morning was cold but forecasted to be warm in the afternoon.  I took the opportunity to cycle to Beaconsfield to visit Angell Wood park.  Nice area, nice dog walk.  CRAPPY breakfast at McDoug.  Service was ultra slow and food was cold.  Same experience the last time I went several years ago.


Angell Wood Park









I came back to the club after 38 km and it was nice and warm.  I charged the bike.

I chatted with Norm and then at 4:30, I took Bellum out in 18-23 knot winds.  Bellum was heeling madly with just the head sail.  I had to reef it.  Was not aware of how strong the winds were.  The boat was doing up to 6.4 knots.

I sailed around the main lake twice in 1 1/2 hours and then anchored tucked away in the NW corner of Grand Anse.  Supper was sausages and peppers and potatoes.  Slept from 10 to 8. 

The next morning was windless.  Mary and I agreed to cancel so she could paint her walls.

I de anchored without engine and sailed back to the club.  En route, I opened the RAM 3 mike to dry her and reseat the LCD display.  Seemed to work much better.

After docking, Peter and Helene of Don't Panic were at the club fixing a lost spinnaker halyard and had applied to the club and needed me as a reference. 







They helped me take down the North genoa and packed it to ship back to North Sails in Toronto. UPS and FedEx websites were problematic and I ended up bringing the sail to the FedEx drop-off center.

North had forgotten to install the UV cover on the sail.

I biked back to CDN to pick up a Sony TV remote control and then to moms for supper and turned off the Demo mode on her Sony Bravai.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...