Sunday, June 5, 2022

Weekend aboard

After the FFR, I slept aboard.  I was hoping to do SPI work with my crew but not everyone was available and the winds were very strong on both days

Saturday, I was going to rewire the fridge but started installing Sylvie's deck edge.  It was cool, so I waxed the cockpit and topside.  I was missing the sander so I polished by hand using old bottle of Meguiar's polish and boat wax from the days of Cygnus.  The price on the bottles were 8.95 and 11.95.  That took 3-4 hours.

Then I rewired the PI for the fridge, changing the Euro-strip for a conventional terminal strip.  By than Sylvie had left so I had leftover sausages and slept aboard.

Sunday was the flea market and I bought a bilge switch, Belmar window for Bellum and used Plastimo dock fenders.  I installed the dock fenders. 

At 4:30, I departed the club single handed and had a nice tight sail through the channel to the Gut, missing the gut on the north side for the first time.  I sailed to Dowkers and decided to go to Grande Anse.  Nice night with Canard Confit.

The next morning the cockpit was full of tiny bugs that I hosed down.  I sailed around, to the gut, a few circuits, and then another tight series of tacks around the lighthouse and back to the club.

Cleaned up the boat, lingered and then biked to the locker to get Sunbrella to make a new hatch cover that I somehow lost.


Supper at mom's/








No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...