Sunday, May 28, 2023

SKS certification. May 27-28




We spent a long Saturday and Sunday doing the SKS certification 

This was a long process for me to renew my First Aide - CPR, criminal background check, Complete Sport Canada approved Safe Sport Training, ...

There were tons of COB, Heave-to, docking, motor study, and a fair amount of single-handed work.

When teaching, never leave the winch handle in the winch, never wrap the line around the hand, and never walk leeward side of the boat, ....

The boat was a Jeanneau Sunshine 1986 - Frission 1.  It was in rough shape.  I guess a nicer boat would be easily damaged by students.

I took their offer to sleep aboard the weekend.


It was a very tiring weekend.  Good hot weekend.  Would have been good for Bellum at anchor.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...