Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Windless Thursday Race and halyard fix on Khaleesi

I biked to the club on the Japanese bike, a classic 10 speed racer.  

Before the race, I got an email from Liam that he had a halyard problem and needed me to go up the mast.  It was 4PM and the race was to depart the dock at 5:30.  I grabbed some whipping cord and my bosen chair while Liam come to the club.

The halyard for the jib was wire to rope and was badly frayed and the spinnaker halard was stuck on top of the mast.  There was no safety line so I went up by the main halyard, got the spinnaker halyard as a saftety line, sewed the new halyard to the old wire / rope halyard, cut the metal halyard and all worked out.

There was no wind, Guylaine cancelled, Maud and Felix arrived late, traffic was bad.

No winds, we motored out, drifted back and had supper  at the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...