Thursday, August 17, 2023

Windy GNS

Scarlet and Daniel were schedule to race. 

Winds were forecasted to be strong and I got to the club at 5:15.  I rushed to change the headsail from 155 to 135.  Dine and Lucy were at the dock and they just abandoned their shark reservation due to the winds.  They asked if they could race with us and we certainly could use the help sailing and sail change. 

We got the sail down, folded and departed DOUBLE-TIME.  Put up the sails with reefed main and jib, did some tack and gybe before the race.

Great start - dodging boats at the start-line. Did well for the windward and then we fell behind.  I started the race and Scarlet took over the helm.

Winds were about 22 knots.  

Boat was a mess inside.

Beer and Supper apres.


Scarlet gave me a lift home.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...