Tuesday, October 19, 2021

First sail with Diane

Diane had never been on a sailboat so we planned to meet at 3:30 PM.  While biking to the club I picked up some salmon steaks at Lachine IGA and came on lakeshore blvd and saw strong west winds with serious white caps.  I wanted to cancel but decided to head to the club anyways.  

Winds were lighter at the club but apparently, it was over 20 knots earlier.  

Diane showed up at 3:30 and I decided it was fine to go as the winds declined and were forecast to decline further.  We had 15 knots of winds from the west and we had the 155 on.  We motored to the but and the 155 was a little difficult to handle. I probably should have used a partial genoa.  We sailed to Baie-D'Urfé and ran back as the winds were slowly declining.  By the time we got to the gut, we were doing 3 knots decline to 1 knot near the club.  

Perfect docking and we BBQ the salmon with roasted peppers and potatoes and onions in foil.  Diane went home and I slept aboard with two heaters which kept the boat very toasty.  Never used these two heaters before ... I guess the heaters will become the standard equipment now.





Love my new phone - cinematic 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...