Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Shana and Enid

Took Shana and Enid out sailing.  No winds... or very light winds.




I had decided the Demone Group 31 battery was not performing so on Tuesday I returned the battery and reinstalled the two original Magmacharge Group 31 originally installed in September 2016 back in and I equalized the Magmacharge house bank.  

On Wednesday I reinstalled the starter battery that I did not want to connect while equalizing the house batteries.

We headed out by motor until halfway up the channel I determined there was enough wind to sail with just the headsail.  Just enough wind.  And soon after Redline followed up by motor and decided to sail too.  Naturally, we raced.  We were doing well, then Redline got beside us we go drafted by Redline upwind of us and passed us. Then Redline pulled her main.  We went behind her and then upwind of her and we passed her.   We did this a couple of times.  My sail was not up to stuff by shape. Eventually, Redline passed us and passed the gut.  We sailed about 1/2 mile past the gut and turned back as I had supper planned with Egan.  

We polished off a bottle of wine at the club with Demetre and I biked back home







No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...