Friday, October 29, 2021

Last Outing - Sunset with just the poles

In the morning was a dressed rehearsal with Diane at PDA.  Then we had lunch on St Catherine where my favourite Indian restaurant Chennai Express was closed so we had Chinese noodles.  

I was thinking of taking down the sails as the weekend was supposed to be a washout.  Diane was willing to come out to help me so we went to the Penthouse to pick up the car and drove to the club.  

I helped Redline dock and I had to decide if I wanted to take down the sails or go for a sunset sail and then take down the sails.  We took down the sails and about 4, we motored out to the gut, turn off the motor and drifted WEST with a 15-knot wind from the East.  We did as much as 1.9 knots SOG. With the wind chill, it was cold.

We waited for the sunset drifting towards the church.  About 5:20 we motored back to the club arriving at 6:10 and rapidly packed up and headed to my Meet up at le Canal, dropping Diane at Fairview.  

After supper, I went to the club to try to take the trailer home but the wiring was not working.  Took Veronica home




Sailing with just the poles

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...