Sunday, October 3, 2021

Single handed again

After lunch at the club and after the Frostbite, I decided to spend the night at anchor again since they cancelled the 20 mm of rain in the forecast for Monday.

I unplugged the boat and was about to start the engine when norm asked if we could do the RVCC. it took about 15 minutes and I took off at 16h.  I passed.  Thank GOD NP.

It was almost a dead run from the club.  The forecast overnight was 12 gusting 22 NE. 


I  decided on tuck in NW Grande Anse   3 hours of pleasant slow sailing to get 6.5 nM  




It was rock and roll with little protection from the East overnight. And cold.  

Slept in late with the cold under the winter comforter.  Sunshade over the hatch was blown off.  I got up at 9, had a bagel for breakfast and hauled anchor beating and tacking to the Gut and decided to motor back to the club and did a pump out.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...