Saturday, September 16, 2023

Overnight at Grand Anse, GNS, sailing, Dowkers, bike home

After coaching with Eric et al, I took off at 6, sailing to Grand Anse and anchored there. Winds wer 15 knots and I was bombing closed haul.  Toufino Blue had problems keeping up with me on motor.


From Tufino Blue



I arrived in the dark, anhored north west of Grand Anse.  Had the duck breast I bought from home.



Nice evening winds


Saturday moring, I hauled anchor and sailed to PCYC, picked up Maud, Natalie and Scarlett.  Met Jerry there, a friend of Dick Steffen who needed a lift to get aboard Espresso-X

We left PCYC, transferred Jerry.  





Maud helmed the first race. Scarlett helmed the second race.  Winds died for second race and the course was shortened before the second race.



Winds died for second race

















After the race, Darla was supposed to meet us at 3:30, so we decided to anchor outside PCYC.  As we started snacking on the Falafel St Jacques food, Darla arrives early so we hauled anchor and docked at PCYC.  



Afterwards, Darla and Natalie, came out to sail around for a couple of hours.  I dropped them off and took a walk through Pointe Claire village and about 6, I sailed closed haul to the sandbars and decided there was time for me to get to Dowkers.  I anchored outside Dowker with the engine so that I could charge the battteries.

I had a pork chop with Tony Chachere's, Creole Seasoning from Darla with Mr. Jameson and wine.

Pork Chop and rice


Nice sail back to the club

Slept until 8 Monday morning, lounged around and came back to the club at 1.  I used the new Lee Valley deweeder.  It did not cut as expected nor was it needed, but the sharp point was good for picking the seaweed.

On the way back




Lounged around the club, packed the bike trailer, and leasurely returned the empty cans to Provigo, did some groceries and cam home with some prepared chicken wings.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...