Monday, July 26, 2021

Bad day on shark, Good day on shark

I was not supposed to teach daytime Adult Sailing, but I volunteered to do Monday and Tuesday daytime courses due to communications issues.

I just got back from Redline trip and intended to do a couple days of homework.  - duty calls.

Monday sailing was a disaster.  I got caught in the weeds and could not get out.  The crew was discouraged on their first day.  Maggie abandoned the ship.  Geoge was very unhelpful, in fact he was very disruptive 

When we finally got out, I found the bottom pintles for the rudder had come out as I was heading out of the harbour in strong winds.  I quickly did a U-turn and headed back into the club.  With minimal steering, I hit got to the wrong side of the service dock, hit a platoon boat, and managed to dock her.  

The evening sail was much better - We had two great races with great students.

On Tuesday I took another shark out with students and one of them was Geroge and the young lady who was with me on the Monday sail. We did fine.  George was a pain in the ass. 

At least my confidence in sailing and teaching sailing was intact.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...