Thursday, July 1, 2021

Nice night at Valois Bay

 Winds were light.  Sylvie cancelled the Thursday GNS cos her sister was visiting. 

So I took advantage to go spend the night at anchor.  Packed the dinghy with me and departed at 3:40. I tacked through the channel and sailed to Pointe-Claire church when the winds died  I drifted around and at 5:30, I started the engine and anchored at Valois Bay and took the dinghy to tour Venture. All the boats had masts.

Exactly as forecast, the night was rocky with winds from the North gusting to 26.  At 7h40 it was challenging to pull anchor and rocky ride back to the club.  I had an easy docking with the dinghy alongside, northeast wind and a well-sheltered harbour.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...