Thursday, July 15, 2021

Single handed to IPYC after lots of chores at the club.

Wednesday I got dressed up for a meeting on Trans Canada in Dorval.  Took the car in as it looked like a risk of rain and may not be back home until after Redline's return,  The meeting was quick and I did some errands on Doneganni and got some food from Adonis.  

I emptied the boat of extra sails and other stuff.  I put the battery charger on Cygnus, She is in pretty bad shape.  Dirty and very wet.

On Thursday I lounged around, setting up the big clock on Perception, waited around for Patrick to finish his meetings so we could look over Cygnus.  He was discouraged too.

Winds picked up a bit, it was hot so, at 4PM, I motored out, ending up at the west end of the bay beside the club.  I anchored and went for a swim and nap.  About 5, a hovercraft came by to inspect the groundings reported to them near AD14.

The winds picked up, I sailed south and then tacked towards the gut.  I almost hit a powerboat that was being boarded by police.  They were in my blind spot behind the sail.  Pretty cool collision avoidance by the cool captain.  Not even a blink.

I passed or was passed by Ghost Owl, Erindale, Chaos and Gaucho on the way to the race.  I decided to race so I put up the main and raced to the start but was too late and it was too crowded to have a have respectable opportunity to start so I just sailed around the windward and gybe marks watching and avoiding the competitors.  

Later I sailed to Ile Perrot and decided to dock at IPYC at 9:20 because the forecasted winds were high overnight.  The gate was locked.so I did not / could not check-in.




Nice evening, heavy rain overnight.  Left at 10 back to the club in a broad reach and run.  Arrived at the club at about 12:40.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...