Sunday, October 9, 2022

Frostbite 2

My regular crew was not available. I got Vreg and Erik (Resolute) who had little experience in racing.

I biked to the club, departing at 7h50.  It had started to drizzle.

I had the 155 on and there was a west wind of 22 knots.  I could not change the headsail at the dock since Bellum was facing east.  We motored to the gut in the rain, changed the head sail to 135 and reefed both the main and head sail.

Other boats were having problems getting their sails up so the race was delayed.

The mark boat had engine problems and Chaos who had problems towed her back. She had blown her main sail.

RC announced that SL 31 would be the pin rather than the red pin.  A laser and another boat ignored that in race 1 and we had a lousy start.  We came in last in R4, third in R5 and third in R6 because Adlib retired due to mechanical issues.

After the race, we had a nice sail around the lake and back to the dock.




Vreg and Erik








No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...