Saturday, October 1, 2022

Single-handed Pas-de-deux with Maud

Friday morning, I visited the Bio-Dome and BinMart.  Came home and packed up the bike to go to the club.  Norm was having a water issue with his diesel but eventually with enough bleeding she started.  I checked my water separator and it was fine.

The winds seemed to be dying as boats came in from a good day of sailing.  At 6:30, I decided to head out and as I departed the harbour, there was a gorgeous sunset.  Silence had departed the harbour a few minutes before me, but I beat her to the Gut and lost her as darkness set in. I decided to anchor between Lord Reading and Beaconsfield.  









I asked Maud to meet me at PCYC the next morning instead of the club.

Supper was Costco sausages with pepper and onions on a cast iron frying pan aka Darla with a Glenlevitt and Modelo.

Early in the morning the fenders were banging against the hull   I got up to take them up and barefoot, I slipped on deck and scraped my shin.




Saturday morning winds were light and declining. 



I motored to Pointe Claire dock and touched a rock, went around and it got shallow as I approached the dock and decided not to try and entered PCYC and docked at the visitor dock.  I prepared the boat to replace the 135 with the 155 when Maud arrived.

I helped Maud find the parking lot and met Dominique who told us the race would be postponed until noon.  We went to the Pointe-Claire village, had croissants and espresso and had a tour of Pointe-Claire village.  

We changed the sail and decided to go out and drift with the awaiting fleet on the lake.

Eventually, the race started and we could not get upstream to the start line. Within 20 minutes the race was abandoned.

I bought Maud back to the PCYC harbour and went to tow Lara's shark back to the club while on auto-pilot.

I eventually went home since I had no real crew commitment and it was going to be cold and very windy. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...