Tuesday, June 18, 2019

SPI training for Strathcona

The crew Fabrice, Kevin, Nathalie and Maud showed up between 4:45 and 5:15. 

There was really no winds.  We set up the spinnaker at the dock to show the concepts. 

Then we went out to the gut and haphazardly set the spinnaker and drifted back to the gut.

We motored out, south of the gut.  Whatever winds were shifty, or the current was counteracting what little winds there was.

We crossed way south of the gut.  First time ever.  Water dept went down to 79 feet.

Maud helmed a lot.

Had a beer at the dock.  Then Mikey invited me to try his spice rum, but he had no ginger beer, which I had on Bellum.  Polished off the remaining Jameson.

I slept aboard and biked to work the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...