Sunday, June 30, 2019

I am on a boat weekend


Mike created an I am on a boat weekend at Soulange.  In the end, only Zig-Zag and Bellum went.  We left late (3PM) because of an impending storm and we ended up going to Dowkers.  Maud was with me.

We left the club and sailed with just the headsail towards Dowkers.  Some cumulus clouds were north of us and it looked like they were going to pass behind us.  Zig Zag and Gaucho was behind us and I decided Dowkers was too crowded so I went for Dowkers South.  I anchored and Zig Zag tied up on starboard.  Gaucho never showed up.

Nice late evening, enjoying Quebec Rum and Black Label.  We shared our salmon with their ribs.  We had lots of food, ... as usual.'

Got to bed well after midnight.  We got up at 7 and lounged around.  We had veggi-pattie sandwich and mango, avocado, tomato salad and Zig Zag crew shared an egg and croissant breakfast.  We swam, most of the day in 22-degree water that felt like 16.   The winds picked up all day and eventually, we were rocking too much and I decided to break up the raft-up and we sailed back doing several circuits.

Got to the club at 7 and did a Pump Out and docked the boat.

I cancelled the fireworks with Shana due to concerns about the 26-knot gusts and because I was tired with only 4 hours sleep.

Maud rode back on her bike and I tidied up the boat a little and rode the E-Bike back, stopping in at Dorval Centennial Park Canada Day Festivities.




Wind forecast


The anchorage


Nice to have bimini when it rains

The party peoople
Sandwiches and Eggs and Salad

Nager

26-knot gusts for fireworks


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...