Thursday, August 6, 2020

single handed again, but loving it.

After three days at the office, mostly due to lousy weather I did some errands returning cans and bottles I was going to head to the club but it was 9 and I decided to go home and head to the club Thursday morning.

Got to the club doing groceries at the IGA for the FFR raft-up.

I lingered around the club and about 3:30 I took off single-handed not knowing where I was going to. I sailed around in strong winds and about 6, I decided to do the Thursday DNS single-handed.

I had some problems putting up the main without the motor but eventually, I got it up.  Next time I will remove the lazy jacks.

Nice race, somewhat challenging but I am tuning up my single-handed racing skills.

After the race, I tacked up to Grand Anse tucked in for a southerly wind.  I was after 9 and quite dark. Supper was the leftover duck leg. Pretty good.

In the morning I realized I was in the middle of a weed field in 15 feet of water.  The boat was full of spider webs, including the masthead windex.

Got out and sailed back but eventually, I had to motor back in.  I tied up at the service dock but Slow Dancer was working on his masthead.  He offered to move his boat back or pull me up my mast.  I went up the mast.

Went back to my dock to charge batteries, wash the boat and did the final groceries of Rib Steaks for the FFR raft up.

Winds were very light.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...