Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Windy sail with Patty

It was 11 degrees when I woke up.

Shelley had to cancel due to sinus infection.  Patty was eager to go so we went out on a cool windy day.

She arrived at 11:15 and we motored to the channel and I opened the jib too early realizing the winds were more west than northwest.  I furled again and motored to the gut, sailed to Baie d'Urfie and back returning about 1:30.  Very fast sailing up to 7.1 knots in winds gusting to 20 knots.  Heeling with water rushing over the port gunnel.

I realized that Patty, from a very nautical family, has never actually sailed before. Her great uncle was a founding member of the Royal.

After she left, I redid the shaft packing and lubricated the upper rudder bushing with Superlube, lubricated the quadrant pullies with jig-a-lube and inspected the steering chain which was still oily.

Then I went out with Romy for ice cream at wild willie's.



I cycled home.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...