Saturday, August 1, 2020

Single handed cancelled

Due to a lack of wind, the race was cancelled. But we can still sail - single-handed.

I changed the engine battery for a new Bolt hybrid.

No winds for race but nice later
Chris wanted his iKomunicate back so I opened the sub panel and gave him back the iKomunicate back along with a cable that he said was his.  I never used the iKommunicate since he installed it on September 21, 2016.  Besides a web interface, I really did not know what it was good for.  Maybe as a wi-fi bridge.

Chris borrowed my Loos gauge and I decided to tighten my shrouds too.  Chris and Norm put up Chris' genoa.

Norm took off sailing single-handed.  I followed after asking Chris if he was going.  He did not want to go alone and I offered but he was not available to stay overnight nor wanted to return with someone from the sandbars.

Nice sailing.. decent winds for a race that was cancelled for lack of winds.  We did a couple of circuits.  Norm met Louise on a Kayak on the lake.

We eventually anchored at the sandbars rather than Grand Anse.  Winds were very light overnight and there were threats of rain in the morning.

Super was duck for me and steak for Norm.  I was out of fresh meat.  Norm had leftover spaghetti rice and salad.  MLM suggested the rice was overdue.

We separated and I anchored a couple hundred feet away.  The next morning rain was coming in so I hauled anchored and returned just in time to avoid the rain and I was washing Bellum when Norm came in.  I helped him to dock.

Afterwards, I went off the MAC for free Sundays. I was pretty much the same exhibit as before COVID but two new films - Hito Steyerl, Liquidity Inc. and The Column


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...