Saturday, June 12, 2021

A night at the sandbars with zig-zag



On Saturday about noon, I set sail from the harbour.  I chased Balade from AS 12.  I got lucky with the wind and beat Balade by the time we got to the Gut.  I even caught up and passed Zig-zag after the Pointe-Claire church.  They left the harbour before me.





I sailed toward Grand Anse and back to sandbars.  I sailed around Zig-zag and Esmerelda who were anchored at the sandbars.  Then the wind died as I drifted around.  Fugu crossed me.  I tacked and anchored 150 feet from Zig-zag.

We spent the night there - just the two of us.  Mike wanted to paddle to Bellum for a nightcap but there was a problem with the toy dinghy.

The next morning the sandbar got crowded.  

Mike and Karla took the paddleboard for an afternoon drink.


About 3PM, Zig Zag and I pulled anchor and motored back to the harbour.  

I downloaded some church videos for mom as they just started virtual church service.  Then I biked there for supper and then home.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...