Thursday, June 17, 2021

Fixing a MacGregor, night sailing laser racing and more shark work, FFR Cancel

On Thursday I went to Darla's by bike to check out her MacGregor 19' centreboard and electrical work.  The centreboard up cable had been long broken and was rigged to stay up years ago.  Access to the cable was very limited and blocked by the trailer cross-member.  We agreed to look at this later on Thursday or Friday.

I biked to drop off insurance at Osborne and then to BYC and picked up some Cardinal beer at Pointe Clarie.  I showed my autopilot installation to Didier who has an M35 named Farouche on Lake St Francis but it was a later model with a shaft rather than a chain. He took some photos.

I looked at the dinghy crane to lift  MacGregor and thought it might lift the bow enough to access the centreboard.  David saw me and gave me a reprimand.

I decided to go take photos of the Laser races and later had supper at the club and slept aboard.  I missed the retirement seminar that I booked for 7PM.

Thursday morning I texted Darla about working on the boat and we met at 10 ish, We lifted the boat but the trailer came up with the boat so we went to the Pointe-Claire ramp to launch and re-trailer the boat to give us better access to the centreboard box.  

We tied the centreboard with Dyneema and threaded it through the pulley up the tube to the cam cleat.  I did not see any sharp edges in the rigging.

We launched her and the board came up and down perfectly.  

We return to the drop-off trailer, I went for a drive on her Mazda, returned to Bellum had a drink and we decided to go sailing in 12 knot west winds from the club channel into the bays and tacked through the gut avoiding Ghost Owl at the gut.  Lots of precision tacking but Darla really got the handle of it, showing great improvements.  

We sailed into Dowkers and had chicken and ribs. Took a nap and got up at 3 and sailed back in pretty much a dead run. Broke another B&W filter because the camera with the zoom was not properly stowed and fell on the floor.

Darla went home, Friday morning 



I was going to bike to the boathouse but it started drizzling so I went back to the boat, made labels for the sharks.  We installed the rest of the line hooks on the shark and waited for the FFR which I cancelled due to rain.  



A great day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...