Friday, June 25, 2021

First Friday Fun race


I got a pump out before the race. Reversed into the fuel dock.

Winds were light and there was no good reason not to race.  

Alison was not aware she was invited to sail with us.

Maud helmed our first race since she was recovering from shoulder surgery.  Jim and I handled the sheets.

We had a great start, dodging Chaos as we were starboard.  Much of the fleet passed us in the race.






Supper at the club.

A great time on our first race.  It only lasted 45 minutes.

I cancelled the Strathcona for the Bellum crew (Norm and Chris) due to heavy rains on Saturday.

I slept aboard expecting the rain to start at 10 AM but it started at 7.  

I went to the competitors' meeting and the race was cancelled along with the single-handed race on Sunday.  Only Luc and I were there as most competitors already told Luc they were not racing.

I took the bus home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...