Friday, June 19, 2020

Friday fun race No 1

We had a quick briefing at 5:30 and I went out single-handed.

Single-handed racing was a lot of work - especially when nobody gives you a break.  I did okay but made a few mistakes in tacking and getting lines tangled and oversteering.  I was going to miss the leeward mark until reminded by Jacques.  And I fouling Tallisaman for him from delaying his turn.
I sailed back to the club and spent some time on Gaucho and Zig Zag for an Expresso. Getting really good at bringing down the sails single-handed. 

I went back to sleep aboard Bellum and spent the night aboard.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...