Saturday, June 27, 2020

Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday

I got to the club on Thursday early morning with the car full of stuff for the boat and to remove stuff from the locker and Chickon from Arkavan.

The weather was cool which is good for cleaning, polishing, and waxing the port cockpit and proceeded to the port topside. 

I reconfigured the dock lines to better use the piling for my catchline as per David's recommendation.

The day was very windy and Norm and I were planning to do the first DNS and have a BBQ aboard. 

Norm shows up until 6 and I thought it was too windy and late to get to PC.  Norm was at the club in a meeting.  He wanted to go but I declined.  Apparently, there were four boats three that started and two that finished.


On Friday, I polished the starboard side.  The boat is really clean outside.  Chatted with Jason who just launched and I did my RC duties with my zoom.





Saturday I helped rig the sharks 






I cleaned Bellum, went to Access Electronics, and got some Somosa from Singh Farms.  The threat of rain and thunderstorm faded away and I decided to go back to the club and motored to the bay beside the club to spend the night - cooking the Shish Taouk I got for Thursday BBQ with Norm. I chatted with Darla about maybe going sailing next week 

Most of the rain dodged us








Nice evening and next morning I motored out to AD15 and back to the club.  I practiced some docking on the service dock in light winds in forward and reverse.  I docked the boat with the new dock line configuration.  It worked just fine -  the three-strand line was very stretchy.

I washed the bugs off the deck, tidy up and de-spider the boat and come home to edit the photos and wrote this blog.



Glad I stayed the night aboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...