Saturday, June 20, 2020

Heat wave on the Solstice Weekend

I got up early on Saturday morning and decided to wire up the Telcom batteries to make it easier to select batteries and charging and monitoring the batteries.  I cleaned up the boat a bit and then the locker.  

I was going to bike to Sources to get a burger for lunch and some Somosa and maybe resistors from Access Electronic.  

Darla texted me she was at Dowkers and invited me to join her.  I told her I was heading to Sand Bars and she said she would probably join me there.  I made a quick noodle soup and prepared to leave with the telecom batteries running the fridge.

As I was about to leave, Norm was walking down the dock and helped me depart with the dingy.

I motored to the channel and used the headsail to slowly sail from club to the Gut and then sped up towards Beaconsfield.  Then Darla had to return to land because something came up.

I was looking for Darla outside Pointe-Claire and Beaconsfield on the water when I noticed Redline was behind me with full sails.  I tacked left and headed south.  Scott was with Audrey and Zig Zag so Redline and I headed to the sandbars.

We both anchored and I set up the Torqeedo and she had error code 30.  It seemed to be a loose connection on the cables.  





Varuna came by towards Seal Cove anchored further west.  

Norm took his dinghy out for a test run and I went aboard Scott's powerboat for a beer and badly needed swim  

Norm left for supper with the family.  I eventually returned to Bellum as Scott and Audrey returned followed by Zig Zag

I had a nice dinner of pork tenderloin enjoying the sunset.  As usual, I was the only boat out there.







The lake became so smooth.  

I the morning you could see the separation between the Outaouais and St Lawrence




The updated forecast was for no winds until much later and very hot.  I took a swim and motored back to the club for a pump out and then went back out again when a bit of wind arrived but came back to the club when the sailing was pretty hopeless.  

I cleaned up the boat and set u the charger to replenish the 700 watts I consumed from the hard-working fridge.  The fridge never really got frosty cold with all the outings from Thursday to Sunday and the heatwave.

Veronica filled a couple of water bottles for me.  I biked back home.  Toni had run out of gas and I found a jerry can in the fridge to bring her 4 liters of gas.  I did groceries on the way back.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...