Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Single handed sail - Valois Bay



I biked to the boat, installed the PI and went sailing. 

There was not much wind but I did motor out towards the Gut in very light western winds.  I decided to anchor at Valois Bay near Venture Sailing Club.  Winds were supposed to go south and then east so Valois was a good compromise.

Nice evening, a great sunset, very relaxing, and great sleep.  Got up at 3 when then anchor alarm came on as winds shifted south.  Halyards were noisy.  Got up at 7:30 to find some bugs on the deck. 

I sailed passed the Gut towards Ile Perrot and back to the club as winds backed towards the east but still southerly. I sailed back to the club as winds were picking up and there was a risk of a thunderstorm and strong winds.


Norm and Allan were not at the club but David was walking down the dock and helped me to dock.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...