Sunday, June 14, 2020

le weekend

After supper with Romy and company the night before, I got to the club early Saturday to help take Drumroll mast down and clean Bellum in the relatively cool weather.

Allan R was very eager and I called Peter and Norm to come help.  While waiting, I took down the mast head wind instruments. Mike and Robin showed up to help.  We wrapped the crane strap on the mast with a pull-down line. The mast came off very smoothly.

I then climbed Ghost Owl to fix a cotter pin and inspect the masthead.

Then I spent six hours with a toothbrush on Bellum Deck.  Tired out about 8 PM I BBQ some chickon and slept at the dock.  The next morning, I invited Louise to come sailing and continued to scrub the cockpit for another two hours.  The boat really looked great.

I tried to bleed Elixar without success, but so Julie called Robert who better bleed her - mostly at the injector pump.  Julie lost some of her crew, so she invited Robert sailing.

We sailed out about noon in quirky winds.  Occasionally it got cool.  On the way back the winds were good but directly from the East so we motored from Pointe-Claire back to the club.  Nice sailing.  Tara II, Chaos, Elixar were out too.






Louise 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...