Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Single handed calm and very windy tomorrow with lots of weed

After lingering around after sailing with Stephanie and Athena, I decided to head out in low winds.

Met Redline on the way to the Gut. Winds were light so I decided to anchor in Valois Bay near Venture.  

After anchoring a large patch of seaweed floated onto Bellum fouling her rudder and propeller.  It was a mess to clean.  I raked much of it off and I had to dive to get the rest off. 

Supper was Beef Kebabs.






Thursday winds were 10 knots from the south.  I got up had breakfast, feeling q little queazy and lazy but got rigged with the full rig and sailed doing 6.5 knots in 15 knots for SE.  Sailed for about 3 hours as winds picked up and I came back to the club.  Texted Yanick to help me dock with the southerly winds.





The rain came in hard and Norm and I decided not to race.  Slow Dancer did go out and RC did not even come out. 

I had planned to dive to clean the propeller on our way to the race but never did that.

Lingered around the club, chatted with Veronica and then sleep aboard sans supper.

It rained Friday morning so I attacked the sub-panel fixing the Bluetooth adapter to the rear output and wired up the water tank gauge.  I checked the AM FM wiring but it was fine.  Eventually, it turned out to be a finicky subpanel switch on the main panel.

I BBQ the rest of the beef kebob for lunch.  

From the photo logs, I seem to have hauled Norm up his mast to replace the PTZ camera. Memory is not so good when you don't update your logs.

I motored the boat to the service dock for diesel and pump out and cleaned the masthead.  

Sat on the lawn enjoying a McAdam Cider waiting for the FFR.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...