Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Single handed Canada Day at the Sandbars and slept at Dowkers

On Wednesday morning I got up and tried to adjust the steering quadrant to make the steering wheel symmetrical to architectural specifications. 

Darla texted me from the sandbars so I motored out to the sandbars in the morning.  

It appears I had adjusted the steering the wrong way.  And the steering cable was too loose, causing lots of vibration.  Probably causing the rudder shaft to vibrate.


Zig Zag

Chingos





We had a couple of beers floating at the sandbars and making good use of Chingos' bimini in the heatwave.  Tara, Zig-Zag, Thalassa III anchored around us.






.  





We went our separate paths around six as Darla went to PC and I sailed towards Dowkers and when I started the motor, the steering was making noises again


A powerboat just departed the middle of the bat and I grabbed the prized spot to anchor

I readjusted the steering the other way, tightened the cables and had supper.

Thursday morning I left Dowkers, sailed towards the Gut and then sailed around hunting for SLVYRA racing marks out there.  Then I returned to the club.

The steering was much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...