Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Single handed

Wednesday was rainy.  I cancelled our sailing with Shelley.  I sat around the club cleaning up and napping.

About 5 the second rainfall came through and although there was still a weather warning, I took off to Dockers.  Tried anchoring three times before being somewhat satisfied. Had a pork chop supper about 9.  Some lightening but no real winds.



Thursday set off through he windmill point channel and tacking towards Solange, but the radio blared Gale Force warnings so I ran down the seaway and motored across the zig-zag and when on the other side winds were nice and I sailed for several hours in good winds awaiting the Thursday DNS single-handed.


The weather looked very dark over Dorval and very nice West so I went west. The winds did a 180 right after the race so I ran West.  Peter suggested that he was at Dowkers so I went to Dowkers to find that he was tucked deep inside with his centreboard up.  I ended up on the outer edges of the bay. Supper was porkchop. A very nice day of sailing in good winds.








East

West

Friday I unhooked and slowly sailed back with the plan to help Redline remove her batteries.  Peter motored back as I was caught unexpectedly.  The winds died and I motored a bit and then the winds picked up and I sailed some more.  Tried to find out what time Norm was coming to the club but I could not reach him so I sailed a circuit around the lake did an informal race with Slow Dancer and came back to the club to do some paperwork with Jocelyne.  Norm made it eventually and we took out the batteries and tried installing new ones but he was missing the battery terminal screws.  We drove out to Ile Perrot to get the screws and I bought a new Bolt hybrid battery Group 24 for Bellum.

The Friday race was cancelled and we had a nice supper at the club with Norm, Jimmy and Maud.  Chris came and put his boom and mainsail on.

After Norm and I visited Jameson and I slept aboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...