Saturday, July 4, 2020

Sailing with Natalia





On Saturday morning, as I came into the harbour from the Duggan Cup, Peter was sitting on his boat looking depressed.  His headsail was down. It turns out he had a messenger line installed and it was stuck in the masthead sheave.

I got my Bosen chair and quickly went up to fix it and cleaned up the spider web on her mast.  For last-minute service, I doubled my fee to two beers!











Nathalia showed up at three, we enjoyed my prize of two beers and took off.  There was no wind and I was hot with the single-handed race and the mast climbing so we pulled in to Valois Bay for a nice swim.

The winds picked up so we pulled anchor and sailed to Grand Anse snacking on the way there. A typical nice sunset and we had a nice steak
supper after the sunset.




On Sunday morning I had to be back at the club to move Naomie to BYC for her new owners Dan and Denise.

It was a nice week at the club.  I came back home by bike.

Nathalia went off to le circuit Abbey of Saint-Benoît-du-Lac.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...