Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Single handed for two nights with a Squall

After the Tuesday race, I dropped off the crew and I had a very nice night sail to Dowkers after the DNS.  There were a few other boats that were night sailing too. Nice winds. 

I anchored and had a supper of pork chops.





Wednesday morning was calm and hot.  We have been in a long heatwave.  Then a TCB started forming


CB forming over the main lake


Winds started to pick up and I decided to stay and put out more scope.  

A squall came in Pointe-Claire Dorval and downtown but missed us.







After the storm, the winds picked up nicely and I sailed around the lake and ended up at Grand Anse.  Had more pork chops and a nice night's sleep. That's two nights on the hook.



Thursday was hot and windless.  I swam to cool down.  Norm asked when I was coming back.  He needed help installing Telecom batteries.  I set sail and sailed for an hour to get to Beaconsfield when the winds died.  I motored back to the club and tidy things up and I went of a swim at the pool 

Norm showed up and we installed the two new batteries.


There were no winds and I had no crew so lingered around and attended the new members' event.

Norm and Chris came aboard and we had supper of Conard Confit and the last two pork chops.  

James and his friend came by with drinks.  We had a discussion about his experiences at Lord Reading.  Chris disappeared and I went to bed.  Apparently, he got drunk on the powerboat and woke up on the couch at 6AM






No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...