Friday, September 16, 2022

EMT, Fantail and dowkers


On Tuesday, I decided to bring the car home to bring home all the stuff from moving mom which had been left in the car for a couple of weeks. On Friday I emptied the car at the storage locker and picked up Sylvie's EMT (24 pieces). 

I had some errands to do but Sylvie was available to go sailing, so we went sailing.  We stored the EMT in my locker.

We decided to take the Fantail.  Before leaving we tested some rigging of dock lines to help with single-handed docking.  She was too shy on the throttle to properly pivot the boat into the dock








We departed about 2ish and motored to the gut and sailed to Baie'd Urfie in wide tacks and broad reach back, starting the motor to get back to the club at 18:30.



I decided to go sail into the sunset so I departed immediately sailing closed haul with some tacks to Grand Anse, but I decided on Dowkers at 9:30.  Supper was Confit Canard and potatoes.

It was a cold night, about 12 C and I had not taken the winter comforter which I had just stowed in the club locker.  Slept from 11 to 9, staying in the warm bed only getting out of bed at 10 ish.

The morning was windless, I got a marine traffic message saying Redline just left St. Anne.  Next, I saw Redline at the sandbars.  

About noon, I hauled anchor and sail- drifted to Pointe Claire and started the motor back to the club.

I tidy up the locker, removed the boat trailer and loaded up the car and moved the car to the outside parking and rigged the trailer to the bike.

Norm docked and he was going to the "sausage party" for MHA.  I had just booked supper at Mr. Spicy. I biked to Mr. Spicy without the trailer and biked back to the club to pick up the trailer and had a nightcap with Mike Jason and Kelly.

I biked home with the trailer. The upcoming weekend was supposed to be wet.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...