Monday, September 5, 2022

Single handed sailing Monday to Thursday with Sylvie

Monday 7 PM I departed for Beaconsfield anchoring between BYC and Lord Reading after the Windmill point race.  The supper was a steak that had been sitting in the fridge for a few days.




Tuesday morning, I sailed a lot around from 11 to 7 in quite strong winds - single-handed.  Initially, I had the full 155 on broad reaches, then reefed as I closed hauls and later the winds decreased and I unfurled.  I sailed around the lighthouse and decided not to return to the club and sailed out again circulating around Dowkers and then went to PCYC.  I asked Sylvie to meet me at PCYC tomorrow.

I docked in PCYC.   Nobody was there and I charged my drained batteries overnight.  Did a visit to Gigi pizzeria to get a menu. Supper.

Wednesday morning, Sylvie met me at PCYC and we had a delightful sail in very light winds.  I had a head of lettuce and made a basic salad for lunch.  We sailed around till 18h when I did a touch-and-go docking at PCYC dropped Sylvie and motored to the sandbars for a fabulous sunset with butter chicken.



I sailed from Sandbars to the gut and motor back to the club on Thursday morning.  I biked home and did a guided tour of Falaise St. Jacques and did groceries at Arkavan.  I worked at home unit 4 and biked back to the club for the Vendee Globe presentation.  I slept aboard.


'Canadian Scott Shawyer of Canada Ocean Racing, mentored by British legend Alex Thompson of Hugo Boss fame, is mounting a campaign to participate in 2028. Alex is one of the world's most successful offshore competitors.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...