Saturday, September 24, 2022

Hugh Kennedy - Long Distance race

Sylvie and Maud came out for the Hugh Kennedy long-distance race.  The course was three sausages and 18 miles long. 

The winds were strong, 12 to 17 knots generally from the west. Basically three sausages with one long beat and one long run.

Bellum came in last, but we did race well.  The completion was challenging.  Maud helmed the whole race, which lasted about 3 1/2 hours in glorious winds.  

Maud and I polished some wine at the dock and then had supper with Audrey at the club. She really enjoys sailing.  Hope she does not leave the club.

I was tempted to sail out for the night but ended up going to ESB debut at Kelly's Orchard which was not really my cup of tea.  I returned to the club and had a scotch with Denise and James.  James as always was very annoying.

After midnight, we disbanded and I slept aboard with one heater. Two heaters were too much.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...