Sunday, September 11, 2022

Overnight Alone

Sunday

The winds were light during the day and I hung around the club tidying things up ... managing my perpetual tasks.  

At 4 ish, the wind picked up and I took off.  Sailed around the lighthouse in 10 to 12-knot winds to the gut.  Came across Flow Control after the gut.  I was closed haul and tacked to Grand Anse at about 8:45.  Sunset now was 19h15.  




I made corn on the cob with ribs.  And I tested the Glenlivet. 

Had a bad night with nightmares.  The next morning was windless as forecasted.  I napped to twelve and then hauled anchor about noon with minimal winds.  Motored a bit to get out of Grand Anse.  I drifted for 4 hours.  I cleaned my portlight mosquito nets and gaskets.  

Redline was at the sandbars but apparently left just before I got there.  The winds picked up and I sailed to Grand Anse passing Matchmaker there.  I anchored, and she left.  I spent an hour there, swimming and cleaning the transom. The water temperature was 23C.   

Later I sailed back to the club passing Balade drifting before the gut.  I offered her a tow but she did not need it. 

I sailed around the lighthouse, towards the Cardinal Lachine, and then to the harbour's entrance before starting the engine as Matchmaker was entering the harbour.  

The forecast was for lots of rain Tuesday. My crucial decision now did I bring the bike home or the car.  It was going to rain Tuesday.  I decided to take the car.  As I got on the highway, I saw the harvest moon and regretted not staying aboard for the evening.  Slept in my own bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...