Sunday, June 4, 2023

Night at anchor - Fixed Bruce Atomic IV and more

After my event with Rencontre Sportive, I sailed to the Sandbars and anchored.  Departing about 6PM.

I whipped some lines and replaced the floating line on the life ring which had deteriorated in the UV.

The next morning, I went to PCYC at noon and tried to fix Bruce's Atomic IV and I broke the casing for the reverse gear.  Looks like the engine will need to be moved forward to replace the transmission mechanism.  Arggg...

I hung around and chatted with Dave and Diane from Lagerhead Adventure Co who bought a Corbin and was off on a long voyage to Newfoundland and then south to South America and Panama.

At 4, I came back to the club, got a pump out and installed a new Windex that was lost during Thursday's squall.


Attended Adult Sailing Session and was asked to be a rescue boat should the winds die.  The winds actually picked up and they all came back okay.

While the Adult sailors were out, I helped Sylvie put away the anchor rode on Tara and Richard install head sail on Panarama 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...