Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Sail to somewhere

Tuesday morning was rainy and I had a bad hangover after T-bone supper with Mike after our sewing session with his bimini and dodger.

Flew the drone over the club.





Maud has emergency work and cancels today's race. There was no wind so I cancelled with AndrĂ©anne and at 4:30 I set sail very slowly down the channel as the racing boats passed us   

I tried starting the motor on the starter battery and it was dead.  The battery voltage was low.  It seems I wired the DC to DC charger to the starter battery and that drained the starter battery when I thought the DC to DC charger was connected to the house battery.

The winds were very light so I decided to motor west and fly the spinnaker - single-handed.  It was a success.  But I got confused by the wind direction  --- apparently, Siberian had her spinnaker out and motored backward to dry it.  

I gybed it end-to-end and sailed towards the Tuesday race area where I asked Robert to take a photo .. from afar.














Then I decided to have supper at PCYC with Frank.  The supper was chicken.


Afterward, I sailed out to PCYC church and anchored.  Wednesday morning I lingered around flying the drone without problems as I had problems the previous day with Eric.











There seemed to be no winds so at about 2PM I started the motor and came back to the club and rewired the DC-DC charger to the House battery aka - always-on circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...